Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Youtube

Youtube...the final frontier.

No, but for real, it's an interesting platform. I'm attempting to build up my monatization abilities over 3 separate accounts I've built up over the past few years. Anchorboy2 was my original account that has a lot of videos with copyrighted content that can't be monetized, but a few that can. CRebProductions has a lot of my more professional work and a few other sorts of videos - definitely now my main channel. And then there's BriansAnimalVideos, my newest channel where I'm attempting (so far with little success) to build up an audience by regular posting of fuzzy and scaly creatures. I'm learning a lot about metadata, tagging, networking, etc. I'm also watching a lot of other people's content and leaving comments and video responses, attempting to build up my audience that way.

I've also considered taking the anchorboy2 channel, and except for a few videos that are doing well view - wise, turning it into more of a vlog style channel where I talk about video production, scripts, random stuff and whatnot. Not sure how that would "sell" so to speak, but it might be worth a shot.

That's my latest venture in between writing scripts and sending my resume into the black abyss of "we have more qualified candidates for just about anything" land...haha.

I know for a good long while, making a decent buck...much less a living...off youtube isn't likely, but I'm going to push toward that goal. Sharing and putting my content out there helps a lot, so anyone who does that, I'm extremely grateful.

Well internet friends - to you I bid a good night. I'll have some blog posts (and perhaps vlogs) about new films I want to work on, that I've been scripting. I'm trying to find stuff that can be pretty nill budget... 'cause I'm still drained pretty darn dry from Resolve and being jobless for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment