Saturday, May 4, 2013

2 Short Films I'm scripting

Currently, in addition to other scripts, my youtube presence, and job hunting I'm working on 2 short - short scripts. (Under 10 pages, hopefully around 5 -6 ) that can be shot in one or two days cheaply so I can be producing content and keeping engaged with film making, actors, and hopefully making connections with crew.

The first of these is currently titled Pretentious and in this stage follows the premiere night of a film maker and her encounters with very pretentious film critics and viewers. It's meant to be a satire of and examination of the way film critics actually are (based a fair bit on my own experience). I've got to figure out some logistics, because the concept potentially could involve a lot of extras. However, I think it's a great concept and I may be able to get a cast and crew interested in working on it.

The second is a horror short - inspired by a script I wrote way back when that was never produced, "Assault of the Mutants" (speaking of pretentious titles...). That said, it's nothing like that script. It follows a girl living in the foothills of the Ozarks as she runs away from her abusive father - but is watched by several mutant - "almost people" (yes I'm aware I'm stealing a Dr. Who episode title) as the lead character calls them. I want to test out some concepts and potentially find some locations for larger projects. In this version of the script it has some overtones of the Blair Witch (overtones, not the style or terrible lack of script), as well as inspiration from the Bloody Cuts UK horror short films series.

I'll leave you with links to the Blair Witch teaser and a Bloody Cuts UK short...for those of you who need some content to watch:

Blair Witch Teaser:



Bloody Cuts Short, Death Scenes:

No comments:

Post a Comment